Due to the extreme dry, hot conditions, Lacombe County has issued a Fire Ban.
Effective immediately, Lacombe County will issue no new fire permits or fireworks permits, and existing permits are hereby cancelled.
• No burning barrels are permitted under this ban.
• Gas/propane stoves, barbeques and portable propane fire pits are permitted, but must be attended
at all times.
• Any outdoor fires, including camp fires, presently burning within Lacombe County must be
• The ignition of all outdoor fires within the boundaries of Lacombe County are hereby prohibited.
This ban DOES NOT apply to:
• Fires which are contained within cooking and heating appliances and which are fueled by fluids,
gases, charcoal briquettes, or wood pellets
• Propane fueled fire pits.
The public is asked to make sure all fires are completely extinguished before leaving unattended, and to dispose of cigarette butts responsibly. In addition, Lacombe County and the Lacombe County Fire Services reminds the public to use caution when operating off road vehicles or farm equipment, as hot exhaust pipe poses a fire hazard.
Please visit our website, www.lacombecounty.com, for the most current information.
-Submitted by Lacombe County