Autumn is the perfect time for home improvement projects. With summer fun finished, many homeowners have more time to focus on house projects, and also feel the urgent need to take care of upkeep before the first winter storm hits. Energy efficient upgrades are particularly important when cold weather is coming soon — even small improvements can have a significant impact on your heating bill. Sealing drafts, checking insulation and switching your ceiling fan direction are all great projects for an autumn afternoon.
Another important project? Window and door replacement. If your windows and exterior doors are old or in bad condition, upgrades this fall will make a dramatic difference to your home’s comfort this winter.
7 benefits of replacing your windows
With over 10 years of experience and over 40,000 installations, local window installers Ecoline Windows have seen the many benefits of replacement windows and doors first-hand. For example, consider these seven benefits:
- Energy Efficiency: Upgrading single pane windows to double or triple pane windows can reduce window-related heat loss by half! Homeowners may choose to replace windows and doors to reduce heating and cooling costs, or to be more environmentally friendly. Modern windows with better insulation and technologies such as low-e coatings and double glazing can also help improve energy efficiency. Fixing improperly installed exterior doors will also help improve your home’s energy efficiency.
- Security: Upgrading to windows and doors with stronger frames and improved locking mechanisms can improve home security, giving homeowners peace of mind.
- Noise Reduction: Modern windows and doors can help reduce the intrusion of outside noise — particularly helpful for those who live in noisy urban areas or those who prefer a quieter indoor environment.
- Compliance with building codes and regulations: When renovating or making structural changes, homeowners may need to replace windows to meet current building codes and safety regulations. Newer windows are often easier to maintain as well!
- Design upgrade: Is it time for a change? Replace that outdated entryway door with a modern front door that makes a statement!Swap worn-out and deteriorating windows with fresh, clean modern windows to give your home a face-lift.
- Resale value: If you’re thinking of selling your home, consider this: new windows and doors can offer as much as 70 per cent return on investment (ROI). New windows and doors improve the overall appearance and perceived value of your home.
- Improved ventilation and natural light: Choosing a different window style, such as casement or awning windows, can improve ventilation by letting in more air. Different window sizes and styles can also increase the amount of natural light that enters a room, creating a brighter and more inviting living space.
Trusted window installer in Alberta
Ecoline Windows serves all of Central Alberta from their beautiful showroom and distribution centre in Calgary. Window replacement and new exterior doors are a breeze when quality products and expert staff are all under one roof.
- Feel at home: Explore all of your window and door options in a comfortable environment with many products on display.
- Free consultation: Receive professional advice and get answers to all your questions, for free! They’ll also help you access rebates and grants.
- Full product range: Ecoline’s mangers are happy to help you choose the windows and doors that best suit your project and budget.
- Free quote on the spot: Get a clear understanding of your costs with a free quote on the spot — no waiting.
- Exceptional customer service: All staff at Ecoline are committed to helping homeowners create a comfortable, energy efficient and beautiful home. Experience it for yourself!
For window and door replacement in Central Alberta communities including Red Deer, Sylvan Lake, Eckville, Lacombe, Stettler and more, call